A balance of speed and simplicity: the best free torrent client
Operating system: Windows, macOS, Linux
- No advertisements
- Handy extra tools
- No bundled software
- Fewer extensions than some
The qBittorrent project aims to provide an open-source software alternative to µTorrent.
Additionally, qBittorrent runs and provides the same features on all major platforms (FreeBSD, Linux, macOS, OS/2, Windows).
Some torrent clients offer every function imaginable. Others keep things as simple as possible. qBittorrent sits right in the middle, aiming to “meet the needs of most users while using as little CPU and memory as possible”.
It boasts an integrated torrent search engine, media player, encryption, prioritization of torrents and the files within those torrents, IP filtering, and torrent creation, and it’s the closest open source, junk-free equivalent to uTorrent.
If you’re looking for a cross-platform torrent client that covers the essentials without getting overly complicated, qBittorrent is great.
Download Latest qBittorrent
Official Website : [Login to see the link]
Exceptional Features of qBittorrent
- Polished µTorrent-like User Interface
- No Ads
- Well-integrated and extensible Search Engine
- Simultaneous search in many Torrent search sites
- Category-specific search requests (e.g. Books, Music, Software)
- RSS feed support with advanced download filters (incl. regex)
- Many Bittorrent extensions supported:
- Magnet links
- Distributed hash table (DHT), peer exchange protocol (PEX), local peer discovery (LSD)
- Private torrents
- Encrypted connections
- and many more…
- Remote control through Web user interface, written with AJAX
- Nearly identical to the regular GUI
- Sequential downloading (Download in order)
- Advanced control over torrents, trackers and peers
- Torrents queueing and prioritizing
- Torrent content selection and prioritizing
- Bandwidth scheduler
- Torrent creation tool
- IP Filtering (eMule & PeerGuardian format compatible)
- IPv6 compliant
- UPnP / NAT-PMP port forwarding support
- Available on all platforms: Windows, Linux, macOS, FreeBSD, OS/2
- Available in [Login to see the link]